Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grrr


You have been forewarned. I am cranky today. More like CRANKYYYYYYYYY. I stopped taking birth control 2 days ago because I had suspicions it was making me tired and nauseous. Confirming my suspicions, I oozed with energy and greatness yesterday. Today, I am going through serious estrogen withdrawal. All of my weird body aches have returned as well...achy back, terrible achiness in my left wrist, and my super tense neck muscles. My family is frightened despite my apologies and attempts at calm responses. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I can start taking it again and be tired, nauseous but calm mommy. Or I can try to tough it out for another week before I go to the endocrinologist and get started with a program to straighten this mess out. (I had an appt. for tomorrow but had to reschedule due to Dad's shoulder surgery.) I think I'm going to get back on it. Otherwise, I'll be a real bear with my parents while I am helping out as Dad recuperates from surgery. I wish I didn't have to wait to get those results.

Meanwhile, I am in the midst of laundry and packing for our stay with Mom and Dad. We leave tonight after rush hour diminishes. I don't have any expectations other than Mom warned me that Dad is a whiny patient...maybe that is where I get it from. I'm worried about staying on my South Beach eating plan and keeping Drew quietly entertained. He is so used to us going out on the boat. I just don't know how he will do without that activity.



I cooked Tilapia yesterday on my George Foreman grill, and it turned out beautiful. It was super simple. I squeezed lemon juice and then sprinkled the fish with Weber Grill Creations Zesty Lemon Seasoning. It took 2-3 minutes to cook, and I was ready to eat. Yum-yum.




No comments: